Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Rooms are currently unavailable due to Covid 19 restrictions
The public meeting room of the Pelham Public Library is provided to the general public for use in programs of an informative, educational, cultural, or civic nature. Preference is given to Shelby County residents. Use of the public meeting room must in no way infringe upon the normal operations of the library. Final authority regarding the interpretation of guidelines for use of the meeting room rests with the Pelham Library Board. The maximum capacity for the meeting room is 30 people.
- Meetings held before or after regular hours of operation for the library.
- Meetings promoting the interests of an individual including but not limited to private parties such as birthday parties, showers, wedding receptions, anniversary parties, etc.
- Meetings promoting the sale of a commercial product or service.
- Meetings which interfere with the functions of the library due to noise or any other disturbance.
Rules & Regulations
Any organization using the Pelham Public Library meeting room agrees to the following:
- Meeting must be held during normal operating hours of the library. Meeting must conclude 15 minutes prior to closing of the library. Due to limited parking, meetings may not be held during times deemed to be peak hours when parking is at a premium. The Library Director will determine what times constitute sufficient parking.
- The meeting room is reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Bookings are not accepted more than 30 days in advance. No standing reservations may be made.
- Application must be accompanied by a fee of $25 if refreshments are to be served.
- The library is not responsible for items left in the meeting room. Storage space is not available.
- Library or municipal programs take precedence over any and all other programs.
- All meetings in the library meeting room must be free and open to the public. Groups using the room may not charge admission, sell items, or request donations for attendance or participation.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- The name or address of the library is not to be used in handouts or advertising of any kind except as a source of location. No group may use the library as a mailing address. Groups may not use the library’s phone number as a contact for program information.
- Any advertising, publicity, or other announcement must be approved by the Library Director in advance.
- The library does not endorse the views of groups meeting in the facility. The library does not sponsor/support the various groups using the meeting room and publicity announcing meetings should in no way imply library sponsorship.
- Meetings of groups or individuals under 18 years of age must have an adult sponsor in attendance. Children 12 years and under must have a parent or guardian in the library. Children 6 and younger must have a parent or guardian on the same floor.
- Groups or organizations using this meeting space may not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disabled status in the provision of services.
- Signs, decorations, or other objects are not to be taped or attached to walls or doors in any manner. No equipment or furniture is to be removed from the meeting room. Groups using the room are responsible for reimbursing the library for any damage to library furniture or equipment.
- Instructors who charge a fee cannot reserve the room.
- Violation of these rules may result in the loss of meeting room privileges.
- The Pelham Library Board reserves the right to cancel the use of the meeting room for any organization if a majority of the Board feels that the organization does not fall within the guidelines of these policies for use of the public meeting room.
Copy of Agreement
A printable version of the Pelham Library Meeting Room Policy Agreement (PDF) is available for citizens. Full Policy Manual is available upon request.