Applications & Permits
Requirements, Procedures & Plan Submittals
All building plan submittals may be dropped off on the 2nd floor of the Pelham Water Works building, located at 3111 Cummings Street. Please make sure you include all required documents.
Permit Fees & Payments
Permit fees will change, effective April 1, 2021. Read the revised City of Pelham Schedule of Fees (PDF) Payments may be made via mail or phone by dialing 205-620-6480.
- Banner Permit Application
- Building Demolition Permit Application
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Conditional Use Car Lots
- Conditional Use Tattoo Parlors
- Conditional Use Tobacco and Vape
- Driveway Permit Application
- Garage Sale Permit Application
- Land Disturbing Activity Permit Application
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- New Business Packet
- New Business Inspection Request
- Plat Approval Application
- PZ Property Rezoning Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Right of Way Encroachment Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Subcontractors List
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
- Utility Right of Way Permit Application
- Zoning Board of Adjustment Application
- Zoning Information Request Application
Credit Card Payments
Visa, MasterCard or Discover can be accepted in person. There is a 3.5% convenience fee or $3.00 charged by the card company if a debit or credit card is used. Cash, money order, cashier's check or check is accepted.
- Permit fee is based on square footage of home improvement.
- Builder is required to pay a sewer impact fee at the time the permit is purchased if the project is going on the sewer system.
- Inspections are to be called in the day before an inspection is needed.
- All construction is to be in accordance to the International Building Code, 2015 Edition, International Residential Code, 2015 edition, and the 2014 National Electrical Code.
- A form board survey for all residential homesREQUIRED
- For additional adopted codes and regulations, call 205-620-6411 or 205-620-6495.
- All contractors, subs, and suppliers are to be licensed with the City of Pelham.
- Proof of State certification is required on certain classifications.
- Contractors are to check with the Building Department regarding zoning of property sites before submitting plans for construction.