Water & Sewer
Pelham Water Works is dedicated to providing our customers with safe, high quality water and reliable service. Improvements are continuously being made to all aspects of the water system to insure an adequate supply of water to one of the nation’s fastest growing communities. Both the Water Works and Sewer department meet or exceed all standards set by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Establish New Service
If you are moving into Pelham, water & sewer services can be set-up in advance of closing on your new property. The Deed is required within three to five business days after closing. If you are renting, leasing, or are leasing to purchase, please supply a copy of your dated/signed Lease Agreement at time of application. Please submit, along with your application, a copy of your Drivers License or government issued photo ID. If applying with a co-applicant, we will need a copy of each person's identification.
You may submit your application by mail, fax, or email. Payment must be received in our office before service is established. If using email, please put "New Service" in the subject line. A 24-hour business day notice is required to process your request. All documents and payments must be received in our office by 3:00pm for next business day service. Please call our office at 205-620-6420 with any questions you may have, and we'll be happy to assist you.
All new commercial accounts must provide a copy of the written Approval of Inspection and Verification of Compliance from the Building Official. Please call the Building Official at 205-620-6411 for assistance.
Commercial applicants must also have a valid City of Pelham Business License and Federal Identification Number. Please call our Revenue Department at 205-620-6480 for assistance.
Requests to discontinue service are accepted Monday-Thursday. The deadline for next day service is 3:00p.m. the previous day. Complete the Discontinue Service Request form (PDF) and return it to Pelham Water Works at least one business day prior to your requested disconnect date.
You may submit this form by mail, fax or email. If using email, please put "Discontinue Service" in the subject line. If you do not receive confirmation of service discontinuation, contact our office at 205-620-6420 during normal business hours to follow up on your request.
Pelham Water Works accepts payments in-person, at our drive-thru window, over the phone and via your online account. The lobby is open Monday-Friday from 7:30a.m.-4:00p.m. If you need additional information or have questions, please contact us at 205-620-6420.
Online Account Management, E-billing & Payments
When setting up your online account, you will be prompted to create a username and password. Once you are set up, you can view and manage account information online. Within your account, you have the ability to update your contact information, including phone numbers, mailing and email addresses. You can also choose your preferences for automated services, such as notifications about extended water outages, services that will be disconnected for non-payment or other water related issues.
We encourage you to sign up for paperless billing. E-bills are sent to the email address on file to notify you that your bill is available for viewing and payment. Online credit card and e-check payments have a convenience fee of 3.25% of the total bill paid. Customers can use "Quick Pay" to make online payments without logging into their account.
Automatic Bank Draft
Never be late with a payment by enrolling in automatic bank draft. This option is free of charge. Complete the Bank Draft Authorization form and return to the Water Department, along with a copy of a VOID check. Please verify that your information has been received and processed.
Make a Payment by Phone
Please call our toll free number 844-286-1222 to make a credit card payment.
- Active accounts are billed monthly for all applicable services available.
- Minimum charges apply even if services are not used.
- Bills are sent by regular mail unless e-bill is requested.
- Payment methods: mail, bank draft, in office, after-hours depository, by automated phone or online. An online payment may take up to 48 hours to post. Payments made online or by phone will be subject to a 3.25% convenience fee.
- Failure to receive bill does not excuse customer from responsibility to pay bill on or before due date.
- A 10% penalty will be assessed if not paid by date specified.
- Any amount past due shall be subject to disconnection at any time.
- If disconnection occurs, the account balance must be paid in full and includes the $50 disconnect fee. Cash or applicable credit card payment must be received in office before 3:00 pm for service to restored same day. Must notify office payment has been made. Failure to notify may result in services not being restored same day.
- Payment of any tender which is returned unpaid will result in service interruption without further notice and a disconnect fee will apply as well as a return item fee.
- City of Pelham is only responsible for services provided up to the meter and not beyond the meter.
- Tampering with meters is a violation and is subject to immediate disconnection, prosecution, and reimbursement to the Pelham Water Works for all expenses incurred.
- Customers are responsible for keeping the utility easement clear and unobstructed for the purpose of maintenance, operation, and meter reading at all times.
- Customers are responsible for payment of services used at this location (and any other location that you transfer service to/from) until you notify Pelham Water Works by written notice on the Request to Discontinue Service Form.
- Any unpaid balance after account is closed for 30 days may be reported to a collection agency. Cost associated with collection will be assessed upon the customer/location.
- Customers are subject to all rules, policies, ordinances and rates that are presently in place or which may be adopted in the future. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Report leaks or other water works problems Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m.-4:00p.m. by calling 205-620-6420.
- Report sewer issues Monday-Friday, 6:00a.m.- 3:00p.m. by calling 205-620-6424.
- Water and Sewer emergencies outside of normal business hours should be reported immediately to our Dispatch Center at 205-620-6550.
- Report broken garbage/recycle bins to Amwaste USA 205-788-1400. You can also submit your concern here. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Disconnect Policy for Non-Payment
Contact Us by Email
Email is checked during normal business hours. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Water Department within 24 business hours, please call us at 205-620-6420 to confirm we received your information. Email the Water Department.